Purpose of Position
Working as part of the (HR team), and supporting the Sr. HR Business Partner in the delivery of a proactive and professional HR service to business teams. Advice and practice should be consistent with industry best practice, corporate and local policies, procedures and practices and clearly contribute to the effective development and business performance.
This is a 12 month assignment with the possibility of going permanent after 12 months.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Provide support & guidance to the functional management team advising proactively on the HR implications for the business
- Working alongside the HR Business partner to deliver the People Plan for the business unit and take accountability for implementation of specific areas of the plan.
- Ensure effective implementation of key HR processes for the function (e.g. Career management, Performance Related Pay) liaising with key stakeholders as appropriate
- Ensure implementation of effective reward practices and procedures to support business goals, and in line with requirements of BSI’s overall reward policy and practices.
- Support the annual pay review & PDR process providing support and guidance to functional area
- Embed talent management and succession planning interventions into business area
- Provide advice and guidance to line managers on employee training needs and help to identify any skills gap and coach managers on effective ways to develop their team
- Input into strategic resource plans for the business area and ensure that recruitment plans are in support of this.
- Contribute to and work in partnership with HR centres of excellence to develop effective policies and practices
- Support colleagues when necessary to ensure that the highest standard of HR services are delivered through continually reviewing and improving processes
- Carry out or contribute to change projects, both for your business area and our HR transformation and change plans, providing insight on how the change can effectively be delivered with colleagues
- Identify any potential people issues and to advise/guide line managers
- To assist and advise Disciplinary/Grievance/Capability hearings
- Ensure that sound advice and guidance is provided to all levels of management on all matters affecting the employment of colleagues to ensure that employment legislation is not contravened, and good HR practice is implemented
- Provide HR advice in to any functional reorganisations or redundancies and support employees going through the consultation process
- Support and advise managers on recruitment and selection methods to assist in ensuring that the headcount is maintained at agreed levels with competent staff, advising on job descriptions and supporting the interview process
- Monitor sickness absence and support managers in managing specific cases, complete trend analysis and provide insights on absence data
- Work effectively with the HR administration team ensure accuracy of any employee records
- Ensure that sound ER advice and guidance is provided to all levels of management on all matters affecting the employment of colleagues
- Proactively keep abreast of UK legislation changes
- Work closely with the wider HR community
- Support the Senior HRBP on Americas wide HR activities and global initiatives across the business area as required
- Provide employee management information on KPIs for defined area of responsibility
- Work alongside HRA/HRBP colleagues in the Americas and globally where applicable