MAKING EXCELLENCE A HABIT
This Safety Rep/Consultant will be instrumental in supporting our construction work throughout the bay area, this is not a project based role, we are looking for Safety leaders who want to join the BSI family. BSI has some exciting, large construction projects and we need saavy Project Managers who can lead the safety team, work directly with the client and be the voice of BSI. This exciting position has technical consulting responsibilities, so we are looking for a unique individual who has technical EHS&S expertise in Safety construction. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record with 5-10 yrs of construction safety experience.
Key Responsibilities Include:
The roles and responsibilities outlined here are intended to provide guidance for EHS acting as the owner’s representative with a client's construction activities.
The primary functions are to support the construction team (owner’s team) in EHS activities, including monitoring the EHS performance of General Contractors’ (GC) and their subs.
This support requires a broad range of activities that includes: interfacing, coaching, advising, and technical support. Specific responsibilities are outlined below. The owner’s EHS reps will not direct work and they must make every effort to engage the GC management and supervision to take appropriate action where a non compliance situation is observed as soon as reasonably possible.
The owner’s Construction EHS staff will:
- Participate in the selection of GC’s, with procurement and construction supervision and management, with the objective of ensuring that regulatory and the client's requirements are in place prior to start of work
- Routinely monitor the GC’s EHS performance to ensure that the GC is in compliance with their stated practices and procedures, regulatory requirements and any additional owner deliverables that may have been identified in the contract of work
- Interface and support the construction management team at site by delivering current data on GC EHS performance, including: trending, incident management, EHS metrics and other key information that enable DC construction management to make informed timely decisions
- Participate in communication methods, such as safety meetings and notices to ensure relevant EHS information is communicated across the site by GC’s and that management is included
- Ensure a daily walkabout/safety tour is conducted with the GC management, representative and the owner’s representative (PM or delegate), as practicable. PM management (not delegate) should still target a weekly walkabout/inspection at a minimum
- Participate in a daily site tour with the GC safety rep
- Act as a coach and advisor to the safety committee
- Support the business in the conduct of risk and hazard assessments
- Participate in Significant Incident investigations and Significant Potential Event (SPE)
- When a non compliance by a GC or their subs is observed, immediately bring the issue to the attention of the GC, while also ensuring the owner’s management rep is informed
- Participate in progress and schedule meetings where EHS is impacted
- Assist in design reviews throughout the Life Cycleplanning, design, permitting, construction, cx, handover
- Support the development of the DCCEHSP (Data Center Construction EHS Plan)